Saturday 26 January 2013

So lately I've been pondering what to write next when it finally hit me, let's talk about translations, and the lack of good ways to translate some words. It hit me the other day when I watched a video on this subject on youtube.  Here in Sweden we have a word that is "lagom" now in English it's a bit hard to translate but it would be not too much and not too little but just right. We also have word for anything meaty that you put on a sandwich that word is "pålägg". For English words that goes the same way id's say peckish would be a good word, I'm not really sure that we have a Swedish translation for that.

In Danmark there's a word "skide" witch usually is translated to shitty but if you combined it with the word "godt" (meaning good) like this "skide godt" it instantly changes meaning to mean really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment